ServiceNow Consultant – Permanent
ServiceNow certified implementer is required to assess client critical business challenges and develop formal recommendations that help the client achieve objectives using sound industry leading strategies. The key focus of this role will be on IT Service Management, and the configuration and customisation of Service Management tools (particularly ServiceNow) to support its effective and efficient execution.
The key here is to ensure that the tool is configured, customised and used in the right way to:
- Add maximum value within the ITIL v3 service management context, and
- Be a sustainable and supportable configuration which maximises the benefits of the SaaS model.
Operationally accountable for the outcome of own engagements, and acts as a lead consultant on both Advisory and Technical solution engagements which require a team of multiple consultants. Works in a professional manner to represent to the client at a senior level, and to deliver high customer satisfaction by completing project responsibilities to a high quality, on time and to budget.
- Assemble information to determine, document and agree customer requirements.
- Plan and manage IT Service Management tools and process discovery activities, conduct executive scans and strategic assessments, analyse and report findings and make recommendations.
- Design service management solutions together with supporting tooling configurations and/or functional specifications, based on industry best practice.
- Identify opportunities to drive more value from an organization’s IT strategy by targeting areas which contribute to improved business performance and innovation.
- Work collaboratively with clients, up to and including CIO level, to develop and execute solution strategies that support organizational direction.
- Architect ServiceNow solutions to support best practice processes needed to deliver business requirements.
- Deliver advisory services centred on ServiceNow configuration optimisation for performance and capability.
- Manage engagements and ensure continuity for customer from pre-sales to delivery.
- Identify additional business opportunities resulting from CBC-ITIS engagements.
- Actively develop practice IP, points of view, publish white papers and speak in specific practice industry forums.
Key skills and Experience
- ITIL V3 certified (minimum foundation level)
- Certified ServiceNow Implementer
- Service Management best practices
- Clear understanding of process-centric IT, the interaction of human-based and system-based processes and business events
Excellent Consulting Skills
- Requirements gathering and problem solving methods
- Communication and presentation skills
- Client management
- Capability to support the sales team to identify and develop business opportunities, within the existing work scope
- Plan and manage discovery/assessment activities for consulting engagements/teams
- Detailed knowledge and experience of ServiceNow at an architectural level
- Knowledge of other ITSM tools at a similar level would be an advantage
- Design, development and deployment best practices for the ServiceNow platform and similar ITSM toolsets
- Technical design of cost-effective service management solutions
- Integration of ServiceNow with other ITSM-related toolsets (e.g. event monitoring)
- Creation of functional specifications for ServiceNow configuration and customisations needed to deliver defined requirements
ServiceNow Technical Skills
- ServiceNow for custom Application Development
- Create and modify workflows
External Client-Facing Consulting Experience, including
- Gathering requirements, problem solving and making recommendations
- Track record in mid-sized and Fortune 1000 customer environments
Demonstrated Success – Consulting Context
- Developing and delivering solutions.
- Achievement of high level of Customer Satisfaction on consulting engagements.
Broad IT Experience, Including
- Full development lifecycle (requirements, design, build, test, deploy, support)
- IT service delivery management experience
- Demonstrable thought leadership, through authorship (or participation in) white papers or presentation at conferences.
- Team leading and/or management, including team planning, prioritizing & goal setting
- Identification and exploitation of opportunities to drive more value from an organization’s IT strategy by targeting areas which contribute to improved business performance and innovation
- Working collaboratively with clients to develop and execute solution strategies to support organizational direction
- Architecting Service Management tools and process implementations as solutions to business requirements.
To apply please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or simply contact us and one of our team members will call you for a friendly chat.